Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4.
2. To make the charred chilli oil, char the chillies over a gas flame, until blistered and blackened. Place in a bowl and cover with clingfilm, allow to cool.
3. Once completely cool, skin, deseed and finely chop the chillies. Stir them into the olive oil with the lemon zest.
4. Grease a roasting tray and place the chips inside. Pour over the chopped tomatoes and capers, and scatter the mozzarella. Drizzle over the chilli oil and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, tear up the basil and scatter on top, drizzle with more olive oil and serve with a large glass of chilled red wine and Tomatillo Salsa tortilla chips.
½ packet of tomatillo salsa chips
2 balls of mozzarella, torn
400g tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch of basil, torn
2 red chillies
Zest of ½ a lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
Photography David Loftus | Recipes and styling Julia Azzerello