Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 25-30 minutes
1. Mix all the ingredients for the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
2. Warm pan to medium high heat and add onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
3. Add ancho and chilli pastes and all the spices then cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook 1-2 minutes. Add peanuts, sultanas and 400ml the chicken stock and chips, turn heat down to a medium simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Place all in blender and whiz until smooth.
Add back to pan and whisk in chocolate, thin out with remaining 100ml chicken stock. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Grill chicken until cooked through.
7. Warm tortillas and assemble tacos with chicken, sauce, and garnishes.
For the Chicken
3 tsp lime juice
4 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 tbsp chopped coriander
½ tsp salt
1kg boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts
For the Mole Sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, peeled and smacked with back of knife
2-3 heaped tsp ancho chilli paste
2-3 heaped tsp smokey chilli paste
½ tsp fennel seeds
½ coriander seeds
1 tsp dried oregano
Dash of cinnamon
450g plum tomatoes, chopped
4 tbsp sultanas
400ml chicken stock
25g Manomasa Cantina tortilla chips, broken up
40g quality dark chocolate, chopped
For the Salad
3 tbsp sesame seeds
Soft corn tortillas, heated according to packaging
75g radish sliced
25g fresh coriander, chopped
100g feta, crumbled
½ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
Photography David Loftus | Recipes and styling Julia Azzerello