Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30-40 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 200 fan.
2. Heat the olive oil over a medium to high heat.
3. Add the onion, red pepper, chilli, cumin seeds and smoked paprika and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the onion is softened and aromatic.
4. Add the cooked black beans and garlic and fry for a couple more minutes, then add the pale ale and let it cook out for a minute or so.
5. Prepare a bain marie by boiling an inch of water and placing a metal bowl over the pan, not touching the water.
6. Place the cheese in there and melt, stirring, until it comes together.
7. Add the worcester sauce and stir, then fold in the onion and black bean mix.
8. Spoon the mix into a greased oven-proof skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the top of the cheese is browning/caramelised.
9. Make the salsa by combining the chopped tomatoes, coriander, dried oregano and a pinch of salt.
10. Serve molten from the oven, topped with the salsa, Serve with Chipotle and Lime tortilla chips.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Pinch of cumin seeds
½ tsp smoked paprika
200g cooked black beans, drained and roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
20ml pale ale
400g Red Leicester, grated
80g mature cheddar, grated
1 tsp worcester sauce
1 large tomato, finely chopped
Small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
½ tsp dried oregano
Pinch of salt
Photography David Loftus | Recipes and styling Julia Azzerello