Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
1. Remove any pin bones from your fish fillets, and slice them very finely against the grain.
2. In a jug mix together the lime and orange juices and zests, along with the fish sauce, sugar and half the chilli.
3. Put the fish in the jug and leave for 10-15 minutes, stirring gently once halfway through to evenly coat in the citrus juices.
4. While the fish is ‘cooking’ in the marinade, make the avocado cream by blitzing the avocado flesh, shallot, lime juice, tahini and seasoning in a food processor until you have a smooth cream.
5. When the fish is ‘cooked’ on the outside, but still slightly rare inside, remove it from the marinade and arrange on serving plates.
6. Pour over a spoonful of the marinade and spoon little dots of the avocado cream onto the fish. Sprinkle over some coriander, and serve with Cantina White tortilla chips.
Sea Bass Ceviche
2 fresh sea bass fillets
Juice of 2 limes
Grated zest of 1lime
Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp caster sugar
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 very ripe avocado
1 tbsp lime, or to taste
1 tbsp tahini
Salt and pepper
Fresh coriander, to garnish
Photography David Loftus | Recipes and styling Julia Azzerello