Served With MANOMASA Chipotle & Lime Tortilla Chips
SERVES: 4-5 | PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 30-40 MINUTES
1 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Pinch of cumin seeds
½ tsp smoked paprika
200g cooked black beans, drained and roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
20ml pale ale
400g Red Leicester, grated
80g mature cheddar, grated
1 tsp Worcester sauce
1 large tomato, finely chopped
Small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
½ tsp dried oregano
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 fan.
- Heat the olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add the onion, red pepper, chilli, cumin seeds and smoked paprika and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the onion is softened and aromatic.
- Add the cooked black beans and garlic and fry for a couple more minutes, then add the pale ale and let it cook out for a minute or so.
- Prepare a bain marie by boiling an inch of water and placing a metal bowl over the pan, not touching the water.
- Place the cheese in there and melt, stirring, until it comes together.
- Add the worcester sauce and stir, then fold in the onion and black bean mix.
- Spoon the mix into a greased oven-proof skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the top of the cheese is browning/caramelised.
- Make the salsa by combining the chopped tomatoes, coriander, dried oregano and a pinch of salt.
- Serve molten from the oven, topped with the salsa, Serve with MANOMASA Chipotle and Lime tortilla chips.