STRAINED YOGHURT WITH PISTACHIO SALSA
Served With MANOMASA Serrano Chilli & Yucatan Honey Tortilla Chips
SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 4 HOURS | COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS400g natural thick, full fat greek yoghurt
Pinch of salt
1.5 tbsp olive oil
100g pistachio kernals
1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted
½ tbsp olive oil
1 spring onion, roughly chopped
Bunch of coriander
½ green chilli, deseeded
Juice of 1 lime
- First strain your strained yoghurt.
- Mix the yoghurt and salt together.
- Line a sieve with muslin and rest over a deep bowl, with enough in the base of the bowl so that the whey can drip out and not be in contact with the sieve.
- Spoon in the yoghurt and place in the fridge to strain for about 4 hours.
- After four hours, turn the strained yoghurt out into a bowl.
- Add a tbsp of the olive oil and gently fold it through.
- Blitz the pistachios and coriander seeds in the blender until you have a crumb. Add the olive oil and blitz again until it comes together.
- Add the spring onion, coriander and chilli and blitz until you have a salsa/pesto consistency. Season with salt and more lime to taste.
- Loosen with a tbsp of water and blitz again into a creamy consistency.
- Serve on top of the strained yoghurt with a dash more olive oil serv. Scoop up with Serrano Chilli & Yucatan Honey tortilla chips.