BEETROOT, COCONUT AND CURRY LEAF DIP
Served With MANOMASA Green Lemon & Pink Peppercorn Tortilla Chips
SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 75-95 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS500g beetroots, peeled and chopped
½ tbsp coconut cream
Juice of ½ a lime
100g tinned chickpeas, drained
1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 tsp black mustard seeds
Bunch of fresh curry leaves
½ tsp red chilli powder
Dash of olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180 fan.
- In a roasting tray, toss the beetroots in a dash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and roast for 1 hr 15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out of them with no resistance.
- Place in a blender with the coconut cream, lime juice, chickpeas and big pinch of salt, and blitz until you have a smooth puree.
- Heat the coconut oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and when they start to pop and crackle, add the curry leaves and fry until crispy but not browned.
- Scoop the dip into bowls, season to taste and top with the curry leaf mix.
- Stir and serve with the MANOMASA Green Lemon and Pink Peppercorn tortilla chips